I am a therapist in Chicago and I love working with individuals and couples who are trying to get to a more positive place in their lives and relationships. I practice from an integrated approach that includes psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, emotionally focused, and trauma-informed theoretical frameworks.
I have 9 years of experience as a therapist, both in Cambodia and here in the U.S. I work frequently with clients dealing with anxiety, depression, self-esteem, life changes, trauma, grief and loss, relationship issues, and human-animal bond concerns.
I also provide veterinary social work services which involves providing emotional support to the people caring for animals. This includes counseling and support groups for pet owners going through difficult times with their pets as well as presentations and counseling for pet professionals regarding compassion fatigue and self-care.
Education & Credentials:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW: License number 149.015128)
- MA, University of Chicago School of Social Service Adminstration
- BA, Goshen College
- Externship & Core Skills Training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for couples
- Certificate in Veterinary Social Work (VSW-CP) from the University of Tennessee
- Dog Behavior Fundamentals & Essentials Training course at CanineLink (now FetchFind)
News and Podcasts:
Podcast on Pets Mean Business: “Bringing Clinical Training to the Problem of Special Needs Pets”